The Arc’s Supported Living provides residential support and advocacy for adults ages 18 and older who have an intellectual or developmental disability and who live in King County. The objective of this program is to provide participants with the opportunity to live an inclusive, self-directed life and to maintain their status and independence in a community of their choosing. The program is funded by the State of Washington for those who qualify, or may be contracted privately.
- Support individuals to live a self-directed life thru a model that is individualized in meeting the specific needs of the participant
- Assist in finding safe, affordable housing and assuring that program participants live in the least restrictive setting possible
- Support in accessing and understanding medical services
- Provide payee-ship and budgeting support for those who need assistance in managing their finances
- Offer training and life skill building both in the home and the community to promote independence
- Encourage individuals to participate in activities which align with their interests.
- Provide opportunities for community integration and community inclusion
- Access to staff 24 hours a day for emergencies