Whether you are concerned about the future for your child about to be born with an intellectual or developmental disability or you have a child with I/DD who is enthusiastically changing into a young adult with evolving needs, we can help. Maybe you and your child are growing older and are uncertain about what will happen next or you want to know what you can do to help them reach their goals? No matter your situation, you are first and foremost the parent of a child who needs you now. We understand.
We know that you need support, information and resources to care for your child through the course of their lifetime and yours.
The Arc Will Support You By
- Giving you the information you need to understand your child’s diagnosis;
- Helping you understand the positions The Arc takes on behalf of your child on critical issues;
- Helping you get involved in advocating for people with I/DD and understanding public policy related to I/DD;
- Connecting you with a local chapter for resources such as help navigating the education system or preparing for the future with trust planning;
- Helping you become your child’s #1 cheerleader so that they can tackle and overcome any obstacle they may face!