Parent to Parent (P2P) is a program for parents by parents who have children with intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD) or with special health care needs. P2P provides a network of peer support, information and referral, and educational workshops.
- Match trained and experienced “Helping Parents” (mentor) with parents who have children with similar diagnoses and family circumstances in order to provide peer emotional support.
- Spanish and Somali speaking helping parents and peer support groups are available.
- Provide information and referrals on intellectual and developmental disability resources and services throughout the lifespan.
- Bilingual Information and Referral assistance is available in Spanish, Somali, and Vietnamese. Other language options are available upon request, but limited
- Provide one-on-one consultation via email, phone, video conferences, community meetings, drop in meetings and home visits (home visits are limited)
- Offer training for parents who would like to become volunteer “Helping Parents”.
- Host social and recreational events to provide opportunities to connect parents
- Coordinate virtual support groups, as DS King and DS King Babies
- Periodic educational workshops and trainings.